Ford Motor Co. of Canada is notifying 650 hourly employees in Windsor, Ont., that a round of layoffs officially will be announced May 10. Ford will “adjust production due to shifts in market conditions,” a Ford spokeswoman tells Ward’s. Slow minivan sales are said to be contributing to the problem. Shift reductions are planned for V-6 and V-8 assembly lines at the company’s Essex Engine and Windsor Engine plants, as well as crankshaft and block production lines at Essex Casting. Ford’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Sends Layoff Notices to 650 Windsor Workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.