Ford Motor Co.’s top U.S. sales analyst uses golf terminology to describe the auto maker’s September sales results, which plummeted 18.2% vs. year-ago. “I think the industry parred a difficult hole in September, although it was below trend,” says George Pipas. “We weren’t quite up to par.” The decline, based on daily-selling rates (25 days this year vs. 26 days in 2006), was not entirely unexpected, Pipas explains in a conference call with journalists and industry analysts. The auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford September Sales Not Up to Par, Analyst Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642