Ford Motor Co. has settled seven lawsuits relating to rollovers of Ford Explorers equipped with Firestone tires in Florida. No terms were released, but of the seven lawsuits, two involved fatalities. A lawyer representing the plaintiffs says his firm still has 10 cases pending against the auto maker. Most involving Firestone have been settled, he says. A Ford spokeswoman says, typically, more than 90% of all cases are settled before they go to trial and none of the tire-related lawsuits ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Settles Seven Rollover Lawsuits in Florida" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.