DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. says it is making passenger safety a priority starting with its ’07 lineup. The auto maker will make standard a bevy of safety features and currently is working on cutting-edge technology, such as 4-point and inflatable seatbelts. Side airbags, as well as side curtain airbags, will be standard equipment on 14 ’07 models, including the upcoming Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX cross/utility vehicles. However, 4-point and inflatable seatbelts still are a ways off. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Sharpens Focus on Advanced Safety Systems" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.