DETROIT – The Ford Shelby GR-1 concept supercar has had a complete makeover, to the unabashed approval of product chief Phil Martens. Martens, Ford Motor Co. group vice president-product creation, was not satisfied with the original concept, the Ford Shelby Cobra, that was unveiled a year ago at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Martens advocated putting the Cobra concept into production, but only with a styling change to inject more emotion. (See related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Shelby Gets Extreme Makeover" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.