Production of Ford Motor Co.'s heavily revamped '02 Explorer/Mountaineer sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) begins this fall at plants in Louisville and St. Louis, with the new models set to hit dealers in January. The sourcing marks a bit of a departure. Currently, Mountaineer is assembled only in Louisville, but the '02 version will go into both plants. Also a departure is the styling, as the automaker looks to better differentiate the two SUVs. The Explorer gets a more modest update ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Shows Off '02 Explorer/Mountaineer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.