SEOUL — Ford Motor Co. sped past international competitors late last month to be named the sole bidder for the insolvent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. Sources here say Ford bid US$6.9 billion, besting archrival General Motors Corp.'s initial offer of US$6 billion last May. GM's bid this time is said to have been between US$4.2 billion and US$5 billion. A spokesman for the committee representing Daewoo Motor's creditors said at a news conference that Ford offered better capabilities “to improve the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford shuts out rivals, wins first round of Daewoo bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.