Ford Motor Co. will reduce production at its Kentucky Truck Plant due to an ongoing dispute with Navistar International Corp., which supplies the auto maker with 6.4L PowerStroke diesels used in the ’08 Super Duty F-Series pickups built there. “Due to the interruption of supply of the 6.4L diesel engine, production at KTP is being impacted,” a spokesman tells Ward’s. “The plant will operate on limited shifts Thursday, not run on Friday and resume one shift of production on Monday.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Slows Super Duty Production, But Engine Output to Resume" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.