DEARBORN, MI – There’s a new adjective in vogue at Ford Motor Co. world headquarters: intelligent. The word reverberates from the crowded news conference where retired executive Allan Gilmour is introduced as the auto maker’s new vice chairman and chief financial officer to a trackside tête-à-tête with a key executive. Allan Gilmour “It’s the easiest thing in the world to cut costs,” says Bill Ford Jr., chairman and CEO. “But to do it intelligently so that the customer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Smartens Up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.