DEARBORN HEIGHTS, MI – Ford Motor Co. begins production of its commercial E-450 shuttle bus equipped with a hydrogen-fueled internal combustion engine. The first eight hand-built buses will be leased by the state of Florida for use at airports and convention centers. The lease is for two years, with an optional third year, at a cost of $250,000, Ford says. The lease will be extendable to three years at no additional charge “depending upon good results and agreement of both parties,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Starts Production of Hydrogen-Fueled ICE Shuttles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.