Ford Motor Co. plans more vehicle launches in Malaysia in 2010, after bucking the falling sales trend last year to post a 10% increase. Ford and its distributor, Sime Darby Auto ConneXion Sdn Bhd, sold 1,826 vehicles in 2009, driven by strong demand for the Focus sedan and Ranger pickup. The Ranger was Ford’s top-selling nameplate, with sales up 30% to 1,481. Ford Malaysia last year launched or refreshed five models – the Ranger, Focus, Escape, Mondeo and Everest – at a time when the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Steps Up New-Model Intros as Malaysia Continues Recovery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.