DEARBORN, Michigan — Still battling the negative effects of the Bridgestone/Firestone tire recall that is closely tied to its Explorer sport/utility vehicle and has claimed some 160 lives worldwide, Ford Motor Co. showcases a bevy of advanced research projects designed to result in safer vehicles. But little of what the automaker displays here appears close to production — and engineers admit that some advances likely are more applicable in markets outside North America. The most viable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford stresses safety research" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.