PARIS â€“ Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd.â€™s new global rear-wheel-drive program, including the all-new Falcon due in 2013, appears to be â€śon hold,â€ť raising further doubts about the long-term future of the locally manufactured and designed Falcon. The next Falcon was to be part of parent Ford Motor Co.â€™s massive new program to replace the old Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Marquis and Ford Crown Victoria with an all-new architecture to be jointly developed in Dearborn, MI, and Melbourne, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Suspends Global RWD Program; Australiaâ€™s Next Falcon in Doubt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.