WAYNE, MI – Ford Motor Co. reveals its Michigan Assembly plant here will be home to the all-electric Focus C-car, slated for production beginning in 2011. Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally contends the Focus electric-vehicle likely will be the first volume EV to hit the U.S. market. “A lot of companies are working on them, but on a smaller scale and maybe not for the mass market,” he says. “And there are a lot of technology demonstrators out there that people are doing research with. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Taps Michigan Assembly Plant for Electric Focus Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.