Ford Motor Co. homogenized the styling on the '00 Taurus/Sable with all-new sheet metal, but it's what's under the skin that the company is touting. Loaded with safety features, including new dual stage smart air bags, adjustable pedals (an $85 option) and a new safety belt restraint system, Ford believes the changes will help the Taurus close the sales gap with Honda Accord and Toyota Camry when it hits the market Oct. 1. Ford successfully played the safety card with its '97-'98 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Touts Safety in '00 Taurus/Sable" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.