Ford Motor Co. is putting its money where its mouth is, tripling its investment in the interiors of its Lincoln, Mercury and blue oval brands. Ford doesn’t disclose the value of this investment, but a determined-sounding J Mays, vice president-design, clearly means business. Interiors are not "something you just switch on in a product freshening – not if you’re doing it right," he says in a statement regarding the North American International Auto Show. "We want to make sure that the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Turns Design Budget Inside Out" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.