Ford Motor Co. will install new side airbag “curtains” on its '01 Explorer and Mountaineer — at least surreptitiously addressing the long-held understanding that sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) are more prone to rollover-type accidents. The new air bags, do, however, provide standard side-impact protection as well. Ford's side-curtain system, under development for 30 months, will be launched on the Explorer and Mountaineer and then later added to the redesigned '02 Expedition and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford ups the ante for sport/utility vehicle safety" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.