DETROIT – Ford Motor Co.’s safety belt reminder system, which actives a flashing light and chime, is credited with increasing restraint system use to 76% from 71%, says the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The system activates intermittently for eight-second durations if a driver does not buckle up, the IIHS says. The usage rates were recorded through observations made at dealerships in Oklahoma.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Warning System Affects Seat Belt Use" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.