The Ford Explorer will be dropped from the New Zealand and Australian markets for '06, because retooling the U.S.-built SUV for the two countries is too expensive. "The combined sales of both countries don't justify the engineering investment," Ford New Zealand Ltd. Marketing Manager Graeme Whickman tells reporters. Explorer bows out of Australia, New Zealand. "Ford (Motor Co. headquarters) worked closely with us on the decision not to have the right-hand-drive version,” he says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Won't Ship '06 Explorers to Oz, New Zealand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.