Delegates to the United Auto Workers union's 34th Constitutional Convention in Las Vegas are in disbelief over the recent revelation that Ford Motor Co. has plans for a major expansion in Mexico as part of its massive Way Forward restructuring strategy. "Americans built Ford, not Mexicans," says Jeff Washington, president of UAW Local 900, which represents workers at the auto maker's stamping and assembly complex in Wayne, MI. Leaked to the Oakland Press in Pontiac, the secret report ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford's Secret Mexican Expansion Plan Rankles UAW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642