Foreign auto makers are facing new and unexpected challenges in China. “The Chinese brands making the biggest impact in China today are not produced by Shanghai Automotive (Industry Corp.) or First Automotive Works (Group) but by upstarts,” says Ashvin Chotai, director of Asian Automotive Industry Research at Global Insight. “These companies are much more successful, much more entrepreneurial and don’t have joint-venture partners.” Adds Tim Dunne, director, Asia-Pacific Market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Foreign JVs Being Squeezed as China Pushes National Brands" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.