SHANGHAI — Watching the crowds swarm into Auto Shanghai '99, it's hard to believe China's market is slipping sideways into another year of stagnation, the fourth in a row. Despite disappointing growth, many foreign automakers and parts producers remain captivated by the potential of the Chinese market for their products, sharing the enthusiasm of the show crowds here. An estimated 300,000 people pushed through the doors of three different exhibition sites during Shanghai's international ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Foreign makers take Shanghai auto show seriously" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.