The ’03 Subaru Forester and ’03 Ford Escape with optional side airbags are the top performers in the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) first side-impact crash tests. Of the 12 small ’03 model SUVs tested, the Forester and Escape earned “good” ratings, while seven others (Escape without optional side airbags, Toyota RAV4, Suzuki Grand Vitara/Vitara/Chevrolet Tracker, Land Rover Freelander, Mitsubishi Outlander, Saturn Vue, and Honda Element) earned “poor” ratings, the lowest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Forester, Escape Top Performers in Side Impact Tests" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.