PARIS – Heuliez SA, a French contract manufacturer on the edge of failure, has found an angel from India who plans to bring an electric car to the Paris auto show in October. B.V.R. Subbu, the former president of Hyundai Motor India Ltd., who left in 2006 to buy the empty Daewoo plant in Surajpur, has begun negotiations to take a majority stake in Heuliez. “An electric-hybrid passenger car is being designed and prototyped for Argentum Motors by Heuliez,” Subbu, founder-director of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Former Hyundai India Exec Looking to Buy Heuliez to Make Electric Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.