Japanese police arrest former Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Chairman Katsuhiko Kawasoe on charges of professional negligence. That alleged negligence led to the death of a truck driver two years ago, reports the Kyodo News agency. The 67-year-old former chairman resigned from MMC in late 2000, a move seen as taking responsibility for a far-reaching MMC scandal in which the auto maker hid safety records and defects from authorities. Several indictments of former Mitsubishi executives were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Former MMC Chairman Arrested" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.