Crash-test results for the ’08 Smart Fortwo coupe, the smallest car ever rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin., are mixed. The 2-seat minicar, which debuts in the U.S. market this year, earns 4- and 3-star ratings for driver’s side and passenger-side front-impact crashworthiness, respectively. Get the Flash Player to see this player. ’08 Smart Fortwo achieves NHTSA's 5-star rating for side impacts. In side-impact testing, the Fortwo earns five stars, with an asterisk. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fortwo Crashworthiness Ratings Range From 3-5 Stars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.