PARIS â€“ In the future, an electric van may cost twice as much as one powered by diesel, but the cost over its lifetime will be less, the French post office says. La Poste wants to buy 10,000 electric cars to add to its fleet of 44,000 vehicles by 2012. The organization says this will result in a 15% improvement in carbon-dioxide emissions from this year. La Poste in 2007 announced plans for an initial purchase of 500 electric delivery vans and asked for proposals. At a recent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Franceâ€™s La Poste Sings Praises of Electricity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.