PARIS â€“ MCE-5 Development SA of France is touting its new variable-compression-ratio internal-combustion engine as a means for auto makers to significantly downsize their powertrain lineups and improve vehicle efficiency. â€śThe auto makers (we have contacted) have lists of criteria where we cannot have problems (with this engine). We meet them all now,â€ť says Vianney Rabhi, manager-strategy and development for MCE-5 and inventor of the technology. A twin-turbocharged 1.5L 4-cyl. with VCR ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Franceâ€™s MCE-5 Pushing Downsized Variable-Compression Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.