DETROIT – Land Rover’s ’02 Freelander is making the brand’s managing director look like a clairvoyant. February U.S. sales of the all-new compact 4-door SUV have contributed to totals that more than double the brand’s performance in like-2000 – just as Robert Dover predicted when he told Ward’s in November the vehicle’s North American launch was “hugely important.” Land Rover totals were nearly 2,800 units in March – the fifth consecutive monthly record for the storied British brand – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Freelander Performing as Expected" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.