REYKJAVIK, Iceland – “Rocks are your friends,” says veteran off-roader Daphne Greene. Her tone is playfully patronizing. But the Camel Trophy driver makes a serious point when she notes that Land Rover’s new-for-North-America sport/utility vehicle (SUV) isn’t built to race Baja. However, when called upon, it can make a molehill out of a mountain. Superior wheel travel – seven inches in front and eight inches in back – creates the potential for some genuine R&R. (Recreation and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Freelander Rocks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642