DaimlerChrysler AG’s Freightliner LLC heavy truck unit says it is cutting production output and workers due to “very difficult and extraordinary market conditions in the North American truck manufacturing industry.” Freightliner’s Cleveland, NC, Truck Mfg. Plant and its Mount Holly, NC, plant will be temporarily shut down from Jan. 2-10, 2003. Also, 138 regular and 362 temporary employees at the Cleveland plant and 175 temporary employees at its St. Thomas, Ont., facility will lose their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Freightliner Cutting Output, Employees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642