PARIS – French auto makers are pushing ahead by a year to 2011 the introduction of electric vehicles here. Renault SA has a lead of several years in developing modern EVs, but PSA Peugeot-Citroen has the historic EV leadership and is unwilling to give it up. Each has signed separate agreements with the French electric utility, EDF, to prepare an infrastructure for EV recharging. Renault intends to honor its commitment to launch electric cars in Israel and Denmark first, in 2011, but it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"French Auto Makers Put Charge Into EV Race" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.