PARIS — The success of French automakers has been passed onto supplier factories in France, whose sales were up 3.6% to E19.7 billion (US$17.8 billion) in the year’s first half. The French suppliers’ group FIEV says automotive production in France was up 6.3% in the first six months, while parts sales to OEMs were up 6.8%. Uncertainty in the world markets as a result of the Sept. 11 terrorism in the U.S. and the resulting action in Afghanistan probably mean the boom times are over, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"French auto suppliers remain positive for year's end" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.