The French government completes a partial sale of its shares in Renault SA. The sale of 30 million shares nets the government E1.5 billion ($1.3 billion) and reduces its stake in the auto maker from 38% to 27%. The sale was surprising to some industry observers, most of whom expected the French government to hold off on any significant sale in high-profile assets until after the presidential elections in three weeks. But the French government wanted to take advantage of a 77% jump in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"French Government Sells Renault Stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.