Although volume production of fuels cells appears to be several years distant, automakers involved in the most advanced stages of fuel cell development confirm that lead times dictate immediate planning for fuel cell production. The entities involved in the California Fuel Cell Partnership (see Ward's Automotive Reports — April 26, '99, p. 5) say fuel cell production plans now are being mapped. They also say that as genuine volume production begins, the current collaborative fuel cell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fuel Cell Production Strategy Begins" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.