OHTA, Japan â€“ Subaru-maker Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.â€™s Ohta operation is a true one-of-a-kind â€“ the only plant in the world that makes both flat-4 and flat-6 engines. Located 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Tokyo, the 26-year-old facility is home base for the highly regarded boxer engine that has attracted a large and loyal following since its 1966 debut in the Subaru 1000. The 4- and 6-cyl. engines, with cylinders horizontally opposed rather than in a single line or positioned on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fujiâ€™s Ohta Engine Plant Builds Unique Mix" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.