Honda Motor Co. Ltd. at some point in the future may sell only hybrid-electric versions of its popular Civic compact car, CEO Takeo Fukui says. “Once we are able to cut costs and lower the premium price of the hybrids, there is a possibility that in some markets, like Japan, we will only sell Civic Hybrids and no more gasoline-powered Civics,” Fukui tells Bloomberg. Fukui predicts that in five years' time Honda will be able to cut the price of its Integrated Motor Assist hybrid system by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fukui Says Civic May Go Hybrid-Only in Some Markets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.