DETROIT – Prepare for the next phase in the “Hybridization of America” tour: the “performance” hybrid electric vehicle (HEV). First of the new HEV genus to rev its electric motor is Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s ’05 Accord Hybrid, beating by several months Toyota Motor Corp.’s first performance HEV, the Lexus RX 400h, due in April. Accord Hybrid sheet metal gives no clue to technology stuffed within. Honda showed the new Accord Hybrid to journalists here with a low-key launch symbolic of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gain Without Pain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.