Stating fuel consumption as it is done in Europe (fuel used per distance traveled) would give U.S. consumers a better understanding of fuel economy than the traditional miles-per-gallon formula, say researchers at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. Miles Per Gallon Gallons Consumed per 100 Miles Driven Gallons Consumed per 10,000 Miles Driven 10 10 1,000 15 6.67 667 20 5 500 25 4 400 30 3.33 333 35 2.86 286 40 2.5 250 45 2.22 222 50 2 200 Professors Richard ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gallons Per Mile Better Than MPG" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.