A new report by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency reveals 70 ’06 car models have sluggish fuel performances that subject them to a “gas-guzzler tax.” While this is a slight drop from last year’s 82 vehicles, it still is more than twice as many from the ’04 model year, when 34 vehicles were subject to the levy. The findings are compiled in the “Fuel Economy Guide,” released by the EPA with help from the U.S. Department of Energy. Dodge Ram was rated least economical among ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gas-Guzzler Figures Drop, But Not by Much" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.