There has been no shortage of headlines summing up the mayhem reshaping the U.S. auto market as the ’06 model year draws to a close. “Chrysler Turnaround Falters as Unsold Gas Guzzlers Fill Lots,” was one of hundreds in late September signaling a dramatic marketplace shift. Fullsize pickup trucks, as well as fullsize and midsize SUVs, the longstanding profit engines and market-share placeholders for domestic auto makers, are at extreme risk after changing consumer tastes, a summer of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gas Guzzlers Beware" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.