Auto makers and motorists have a new guarantee of gasoline quality to help relieve some of the pain from repairs attributed to fuel quality issues. BP Amoco has kicked-off advertising in large retail markets east of the Rocky Mountains that promises to pay for engine repairs caused by any of the company's three grades of gasoline. Vehicle owners must have receipts indicating purchase of BP- or Amoco-brand fuel to qualify for the refund. "We'll quickly review your claim and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gasoline Refiner Offers Quality Guarantee" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.