WASHINGTON, DC – A military Hummer H1 with a new hydraulic-hybrid-drive system retrofitted by Gates Corp. debuts at the recent Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Assn. demonstration here. The 10,000-lb. (4,538-kg) vehicle, which gets 23 mpg (10.2 L/100 km), is two to three years from production but will be delivered to the U.S. Army in February for extensive evaluation trials, a Gates spokesman says. The addition of the hydraulic components boosts fuel efficiency by 10 mpg (4.3 km/L) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gates Hybra-Drive Hummer Debuts in DC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.