Almost since automotive gauges were invented, designers have attempted to make them look like fine clocks or watches. Now some luxury auto makers are taking the idea a step further: They’re actually giving a few famous European watch brands a hand in the design of their instrumentation. Breitling clock in new Bentley Continental GT. Call it thinking out of the box, branding or just plain snob appeal. Either way, you don’t have to squint to spot the name Bvlgari – the stylish Italian ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gauging Fashion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.