VIENNA – Volkswagen AG is considering using the Gruppa GAZ vehicle plant in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, to build some of its vehicles, as it seeks out ways to expand local production to meet its mid-term growth targets. VW Chairman Martin Winterkorn mentioned the possible cooperation with GAZ during a meeting with Russia’s Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in Moscow this week. “The main reason for our visit is the fact that the development of the Russian market in general, and of Volkswagen’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GAZ May Assemble VW Group Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.