OAO GAZ, Russia’s third-largest car maker, has restarted production of Volga cars, ending a 1-month hiatus due to weak demand. The company produced 65,648 cars at its plant in Nizhniy Novgorod last year, down 18.6% from 2001. That doesn’t include the 4,258 knocked-down kits shipped to two Ukrainian assemblers, 49.3% more than in 2001. Volga output resumes at GAZ. GAZ currently is preparing for the second-quarter launch of a replacement for its mainstay Volga 3110, which is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GAZ Restarts Volga Output, Makes Cars for Iraq" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.