Global Electric Motorcars LLC (GEM) introduces its Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEVs) in New York for operation on private property and public roads with speed limits up to 35 mph (56 km/h). The 2- and 4-passenger GEMs have 5 hp and are a federally-approved low-speed vehicle with a top speed of 25 mph (40 km/h). New York is the 38th state to legalize the on-road use of GEMs. GEMs sold in the state have standard equipment that includes an integrated heater/defroster, rear ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GEM Electric Vehicles Introduced in New York" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.