DUNDEE, MI – Inaugurating production Oct. 3 of its all-new 4-cyl. engine family at the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA) here, GEMA and DaimlerChrysler AG’s Chrysler Group executives promise the engine-manufacturing joint venture between DC, Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Corp. will be a model of lean-manufacturing productivity. Although manufacturing of production engines officially begins this week, GEMA president Bruce Coventry says the first GEMA 4-cyl. engine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GEMA Says Engine Plant Is Manufacturing Gem" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.