DUNDEE, MI – The contract covering shop-floor workers at the Global Engine Mfg. Alliance here could be a harbinger of future agreements involving the United Auto Workers union. The 6-year GEMA deal, recently ratified by members of UAW Local 723, which represents about 100 hourly employees at the new plant, features just two job classifications. Historically, UAW contracts have numerous job classifications, which can severely restrict a plant’s operation, auto makers claim. Nate Gooden ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GEMA Work Rules Strategic Shift for UAW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.