NEW DELHI -- General Motors India Ltd. slowly is emerging from India’s stagnant niche markets, hoping to break into the spotlight as a competitor to be reckoned with across the segment spectrum. Market exploration and viability studies nearly over, the auto maker now is preparing to unveil a host of economy-to-luxury cars and utility vehicles, focusing on volume and growth. The only thing holding it back is the announcement of India’s new automotive policy and revised taxation rules, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"General Motors India Paints Bold Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.